Australia Malaysian Business Council South Australia
The Australia Malaysia Business Council (AMBC) was established in 1988 and operates as a member based business organisation with independent Australian State Chapters. It aims to foster, support and promote business, investment and cultural opportunities between Australia and Malaysia. With the 2016 census results by the Australian Bureau of Statistics indicating Malaysians as a growing migrant population in Australia, the role of AMBC becomes even more significant.
The South Australian chapter, namely The Australia Malaysia Business Council (SA) Inc. was established in 1994. It provides localised strategic support to improve South Australian and Malaysian market access by ensuring our members have the necessary information and networks to increase their business opportunities.
AMBC SA has played an essential role in strengthening ties between Malaysia and the South Australian business community through:
- Hosting and leading trade delegations to Malaysia;
- Supporting the promotion of Malaysia’s commercial interest in South Australia and vice versa;
- Developing and maintaining a high level of support for the Council’s activities from the South Australian and Malaysian governments and collaborating in relevant government-initiated Programs;
- Working closely with the South Australian Government to ensure maximum exposure for South Australian businesses to the benefits arising from the Malaysian Free Trade Agreement; and
- Introducing the well known annual Merdeka Awards for University students in South Australia.